Saros 29 saves lead Predators over Wild 3-0
  • Marc Staal (china, u) May 14
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. Juuse Saros stepped
    in for Pekka Rinne and delivered a gem for Nashville. Saros made 29 saves for
    his second shutout this season, P.K. Subban scored his ninth goal and the
    Predators beat the Minnesota Wild 3-0 on Saturday night. Saros was quick to
    credit the players in front of him following the game Kevin Fiala
    Jersey
    .Article continues below ... They were better in front of our net, the
    Finn said. We didnt give them as much chances as yesterday. I think we were more
    active today. Subban also had an assist, and Scott Hartnell and Viktor Arvidsson
    also scored. Calle Jarnkrok had two assists for the Predators, who have won two
    of three. Alex Stalock made 26 saves, and the Wild lost a night after beating
    Nashville in Minnesota. We had opportunities in the second period, Wild coach
    Bruce Boudreau said. If you dont take advantage of your chances, something is
    going to come up to bite you. Hartnell scored the game first goal at 223 of the
    third period. Nick Bonino shot from the right boards hit the side of the net,
    and Hartnell took possession of the puck and skated around the cage. From the
    left doorstep https://www.predatorsuniformshop.com/Scott_Hartnell_Jersey-37,
    Hartnell wraparound backhand tipped off Stalock blocker and in. That his bread
    and butter, Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. If you can put it within 10
    feet of the net, just draw a loop 10 feet around the net, that where he needs to
    be. That where he at his best. That where he scored his goal tonight. Hartnell
    was a healthy scratch Friday. This was his first goal since Nov. 3. That first
    goal was going to be a big one when it a game that tight, said Wild forward Matt
    Cullen, a former Predator. We werent able to generate much on that last part
    there. Subban made it 2-0 with a power-play goal at 750 of the third. With Matt
    Dumba in the box for tripping, Subban slap shot from the center of the blue line
    deflected off the stick of Wild forward Zack Mitchell. Im just trying to do my
    job and I have great teammates, they are great players that make great plays,
    Subban said. I have just been able to put the puck on net and good things have
    happened. I try to keep my game simple, but what can I say? That is just the of
    playing on a good team. Any player in this league that has individual success
    will tell you that without a good team around you, you are not going to have
    much success. Arvidsson added an empty-net goal with 220 to go. Saros was sharp
    all evening, with his best save coming with 859 remaining in the second when
    Gustav Olofsson came down the left side unchecked and fired a wrist shot that
    Saros turned aside. Following his hat trick Friday, Mikael Granlund paced all
    Minnesota players with seven shots on goal Saturday. Stalock stopped eight shots
    in the first and 11 in the second Juuse Saros
    Jersey
    . He is 0-3-0 in his career against the Predators. NOTES Nashville LW
    Filip Forsberg missed the game with an upper-body injury. The Predators placed
    their leading goal scorer on injured reserve earlier Saturday. The Predators are
    5-0-1 this season when the game is tied going into the third. Olofsson was
    scratched in Minnesota last eight contests. The Wild have allowed one power-play
    goal against in their last three games. UP NEXT Wild Host Florida on Tuesday
    night. Predators At Vegas on Tuesday night. More AP hockey https apnews tag
    NHLhockey

Real Estate Q&A on the spot!

If you want to take part in the discussions, sign in or register below!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

Sign In Register Now!

Tagged